skilled services

today was dentist [dr. jaime sangalan jr.] and endocrinologist [dr. sjoberg ang kho] day for me. i am blessed with two very kind and highly skilled doctors.

i used to endure the bi-annual teeth cleaning, now i actually enjoy it. i don't bleed much and my teeth are so squeaky clean afterwards i hesitate to use my teeth for a time. dr. jaime made sure i take care of my teeth while away:
dr. j: "the dental services abroad may be a lot pricier compared here, so take preventive measures, brush your teeth and rinse with mouthwash."
me: "mouthwash won't make my teeth brittle and weak?"
dr. j: "try the alcohol-free ones. the acid in the mouthwash prevents plaque buildup."

waiting for my turn to see dr. sjoberg makes me officially a patient. loooong queue. but the wait is worth it:
dr. s: "you've lost some weight, otherwise you're all good. stressed?"
me: "a bit. we are leaving next week, that's why i had to see you."
dr. s: "what you have is surgical hypothyroidism. just so you'd know. and remember you are not to stop taking the thyroid hormone meds. bring enough meds with you because being in a another country, i don't think you'd have medical insurance immediately. may take at least six months after getting yourself employed. and see and endocrinologist there, specially once you're pregnant."
me: "we plan to come home once a year."
dr. s: "pay me a visit then."

i'll definitely miss them. such passion for their work is to be aspired for.

No comments: